Remember Letterman’s “Top Ten” lists from back in the day?
I thought it would be fun to come up with my own. I was going to list them randomly, because then there’s all the build up for “reason number one.” But whatever, it was still fun to write. This would have been fun to put out on FB to get all your answers so please comment below and fill in your own!
So here’s my top 10 list for how you know you’re a mama.
You Know You’re a Mama When…
10. You consistently have library fines. Or missing books and no more renewals.
9. You wear the same shirt when you go out because it’s the only one without sticky finger stains. (thank you, Elegantees).
8. You only ever close the bathroom door if you’re trying to hide for a few minutes.
7. You hear the Wiggles and/or Mother Goose Club and/or the My Little Pony theme song and/or fill-in-the-blank kids’ songs in your head at random times of the day.
6. You run out of storage on your phone because there are 438 random pictures of your ceiling and other nonsense that mysteriously appeared.
5. When you see a child by themselves, you look around for the adult they should be with.
4. The real life contents of your purse contain a pair of socks, a lizard, a lipstick without a lid, and game pieces.
3. You start swaying when you hear a baby cry.
2. You consider a solo trip to the grocery store a good way to spend your free time.
AND…the number one reason you know you’re a mama…
1. You’re convinced someone said, “mom,” even though no one’s around.
What about you? What would you add to the list? Fill in the blank…you know you’re a mama when…